As you land on the Homepage, you will notice there are 5 main sections:
This is where we will announce any new feature release, scheduled maintenance or anything that could impact your usage of FLEX.
2. 4 Steps to share content
This is the main FLEX functionality that will take you through the workflow to create a link to your reading.
3. Work in progress
You can search any content item you have not yet published from this section by FLEX ID number(1) / Title or ISN / British Library order ID(2)
(1) The FLEX ID number is the number appearing here:
- in 'In progress'
- in 'Add content'
(2) The British Library order is the number appearing here:
- in 'Add content', when you order the scan
- from Menu, under 'Reports', in the 'British Library Reporting'
4. British Library orders
This section allows you to view and track the progress of all your British Library orders.
- Sometimes even if you have been able to order a scan through the main workflow in step 4, the British Library is not able to provide it after reviewing your order. In this case, your order will be listed under 'Unable to provide'.
- All the scans that the British Library is able to provide are listed in 'Awaiting your approval'. A confirmation email that your order has been delivered will be sent to you too. You will need to click on the 'Awaiting your approval' link to preview and select the scan so that a link to your extract can be generated. Once the link is created, your content item will be listed under the unit it's been assigned to.
5. Educator requests
This section displays all the requests coming from FLEX for Educators. Unless you already have an account with FLEX for Educators, nothing will appear here.